Friday, February 22, 2008

OBAMA VA!

After Wisconsin´s Democratic primary and the Democrats Abroad results, things seem to have come down to a point where the question is not whether Barack Obama will get the Democratic nomination for president in 2008 or not, but rather if Hillary would be a good VP running mate (hehehe… just kidding!) What I really want to say is that I share the enthusiasm of those who think that even when large states are still at stake (Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania) Obama really seems to be now virtually unstoppable.

I say enthusiasm because that is clearly what this unique character has brought about to people: great excitement, motivation and hope. I myself experienced that sensation too the first time that I saw him talk on a video I stumbled across while writing my very first post for this blog (I even wrote about it here). What I wonder now is whether this excitement is all justified beyond the consideration of his personal traits and manifested intentions. I have to say that I am not sure about it.

I am not going to deny I think Obama represents now the most consistent prospect of change of the way politics have been conducted under the Bush administration (and that I don´t consider this to be a little thing). However, it is not just a change of direction (difficult in itself) what is required to fix the mess but a complete change of the common American political mindset. That would make politicians authentically fight corporate interests, bring to light the so called “non-topics” (those essential topics which are absent from public debate or even public consciousness) or simply change that American Notion -held by some- of believing, like temper tantrum kids, they own the world.

Be Obama the fist step towards that change!

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope so for USA but for Latin America too. Cefilibe

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

osea como,¿estas con Obama o no estas con Obama?

saludos mi virus

Vean al Obama Mariachi. Esta cool la rola Viva Obama ajuaaaaaaaaaaaa

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cefilibe: Latin who? Hehehe.. bad joke! You are right, I completely agree with you. Thank you very much for your comment!

Zadot: Hahaha! The best video ever! Thanks for the link yo!

As for the question, I think the Nader´s entry kinda clear it up.

Cheers!

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous yeşil said...

Hi,
Do you publish content on your site, but very nice.
seo, at yarışı, kpss, google uzmanı. Thanks valuable admin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home