Thursday, November 22, 2007

GOBLE GOBLE!!

This year´s Thanksgiving celebration has just made me recall the time when I went to study in the United States. Ahh, man! I was so young back then hehehe… really! It was my first trip abroad ever and I remember that when I got there I was so depressed, so homesick, that I could not stop myself from crying for a whole week or so. I remember it now because it was precisely on a day like today, at my first Thanksgiving dinner, when I finally pulled myself together.

I think it is great The USA and Canada devote one day each year to getting together with family and friends and reflecting on the wonderful things that one has in life to be grateful for. It is always important to acknowledge it but I think that it is even more important to say it explicitly and share it with the ones we love.

Needless to say that it unavoidably leads you to think of those who don´t have the basics and reflect on the reasons behind inequality and probably more… on the things we can do to change it, even on a personal level.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy TksG Brother,
How R U ??

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger ZHP said...

Happy belated TksG to YOU sis!!
How am I? Fine sis, thanks! just chillin with my homies (heheh) and... missing you a lot!

how r u?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home