Thursday, September 06, 2007

THAT NEW-DRESS SONG


After having finished preparing my podcast I wrote about yesterday, I have to confess that I got somehow depressed. Basically because one understands that beyond words there is, in this case, an unbearable reality some people are suffering. I have always been aware of that: words describe reality, they are not reality.

Some friends have told me that it does not make any sense to see other people´s problems as we have our own and that we finally cannot change the world. I disagree. As for “their” problems and “our” problems, I see a lot of connections, even when they are not always self-evident. On the other hand, I have always thought that to close our eyes and to pretend problems are not there don´t make them go away.

As for changing the world and stuff, it is kind of funny but when I get really desperate I always find myself humming that new-dress song and it just gives me strength to proceed.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Click on the logo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home