Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SICK

I have not been able to post here lately. The thing is that I went into surgery some days ago. A minor one, if I may say so, but a surgery anyway. I am ok now but I have to say that whenever I have experienced some sort of pain, I think a lot of sick people out there and especially those who are poor: that saddens me and makes mad.

According to official data 50% of the Mexican population does not have health insurance. Mexico ranks well below the OECD average in terms of health spending (barely 6.2% of GDP) and well, anyone who has ever been attended in a hospital (public or private) here in Mexico knows of the awful PR they have there: the personal attention and quality service are a disgrace.

It has been stated (I think it was in Michael Moore´s Sicko) that moral progress in a society can be partially measure by the way in which that society looks after the have-nots. Were that the case, we would have to accept that we are very unfortunate. Damn!

6 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When someone is sick we say in Turkey: ""gecmis olsun"" means :
hope it passed your sickness :)
I hope you will be fine very quickly because that you're a Mexican hehee

very good day

& all those people who can not pay hospital makes me sad also :((

kiss dear
http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger cefilibe said...

Hi! I wish you soon recover. About the poverty in Mexico, I recomend you the book, Mexico, hoy (UAM-I). Have a great day. Ceefilibe

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Teorias said...

Hi ZHP!
I wish you a soon recover too...

But today is a "happy" day... 27-9-2007...One year!

Happy birthday to you!
Feliz cumpleaños!

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lalique: my friend! You make my day! Thank you!!!

Big kiss to you!

Cefilibe: thank you my friend! Ok I will go and check that book!

Cheers yo!

Teorias: Hey bro! You are right! Today is the day: super cool!

Happy birthday to you too!

Party time!! :)

ZHP

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Saeta said...

SEPTEMBER 27th... BUT SOME YEARS AGO NOW... WHAT A DATE!

I hope you get better!!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my friend: thank you very much for your comment! Say: what happened September 27th some year ago? Anything cool?

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home