Friday, February 09, 2007

WORLD PRESS PHOTO 2007


American photographer Spencer Platt´s photo (above) was selected today as the World Press Photo of the year 2006. The photo shows young Lebanese driving through the streets of Lebanon after the Israel-Lebanon ceasefire took hold last August 14th. WPP SITE

At You Tube you can download two very interesting videos showing some of the best press photos of all times. Most of the photos presented there are highly disturbing. I think those photos per se are beautiful but the aspects of reality they refer are just impossible to tolerate. They did break my heart into pieces. I didn´t want to post them here but if you guys want to watch them just click on the links...


WPP Part 1


WPP Part 2

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Teorias said...

Hello ZHP! Another excellent post. I Will post those videos too in my blog "Linhas Orientadoras". I have two daughters and some photos cause me sadness.
What a world! :(

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ms Elle said...

This photos is quite interesting and speaks of beauty and wealth among the rubble and the despair.

Interesting, indeed.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger ZHP said...

Teorias: Thank you bro!! I have no kids but it hurts like shit, anyway!That´s one important aspect of the world we live in that won´t go away if we just close our eyes and pretend it is not there. That is why i am thankful to these photojournalist who allow us to see through their eyes all this. Have a good week!

RL: Already linked up my friend!! I really liked your site. Thank you for dropping by...

Michelle: I am glad you found it interesting, my friend!! Every time that I look at this picture I "read" something different "beyond the obvious" as somebody stated. In the long run I think this is pretty much what art is all about . Thank you beauty!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger RL said...

Hi ZHP
I've linked back
Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home