Thursday, November 23, 2006

BARCELONA

One year ago today I was in Barcelona. It is really amazing to become aware of the nature of time: It passes by so quickly!

There´s lot of things I remember as if they were going on now but I find 3 of them specially worth mentioning:

First, I attended a great academic event: the Commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of the death of Spaniard philosopher Manuel Sacristán. As far as I know it was the first time ever that the most important universities in Barcelona got together to organize an homenage to one of their greatest professors. But more important was having vindicated the critical thought as one of the main sources to comprehend reality, specially in these neo-medieval thinking rulling times.

Secondly, In Barcelona I fell in love again. The city is so magnificent that it is impossible not to do it. I have no words to describe its sobering Mediterranean beauty: the Barri Gòtic, La Rambla, you know. The only problem was that I met no girl to share my love with: otherwise I am sure it would have been a blast!!

Finally, I believe I spent such a good time in there thanks to philosopher Bernardo Castany and his family, who I consider to be my Mexican family in Spain due to their undenial latin kindness, passion for political life and authenticity.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Becky Delu said...

Barcelona is a special city!!!

My favourite place is "the ramblas".... Every sunday I go and I can feel the magical power of my city!!


Kisses!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend:

You are right, that is definitely the best word to describe Barcelona: Magic.

As for “Las Ramblas” thing I can´t say as I blame you: it is simply precious!!

P. S.

Ever wonder why most of us (men) got speechless when trying to describe the beauty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home